Spotlight on advantages
- Minimizes the proportion of HEV light reaching the retina
- Provides effective protection, preserving visual health
- Offers a clear lens for comfortable vision in any environment
- Reduces eye strain
- Improved anti-reflective properties of rear lens surface for comprehensive UV protection
- Suitable for any wearer: children, adults, ametropes or emmetropes
Shamir Glacier Blue-Shield UV is a new lens coating that leaves the lens clear*, transmitting as much light as ordinary glasses, while deflecting a significant proportion of the damaging blue light (10% @ 450nm)**. It reflects five times more HEV light off the lens than any existing conventional lens coating. In addition, it improves contrast and reduces eye strain, is easy to clean due to its hydrophobic and anti-static characteristics, is highly durable, and its improved anti-reflection enhances visual comfort.In our changing environment, it is imperative to protect the eyes from peaks of HEV light. With Shamir Glacier Blue-Shield UV, now we can.
* The lens may appear to have a slight yellowish tint.
** A light blue reflection can be detected on the front surface of the lens.
Shamir Glacier Blue Shield UV vs. Shamir Glacier Plus UV Reflectance